inicio mail me! sindicaci;ón

Hacking the password

Generally the laptop’s keys has this fine grain type of matt surface, the longer you use your laptop, it starts to wear away. Hold your laptop at a certain angle and you can find certain area on keys glossing over and shining an oily shine.

You can take a look at spacebar (at lest my spacebar) and easily tell whether I am left handed or right handed. So, what can be tone of the possible ways of hacking or “overlooking” it :-

Depends
1) If there is some major form filling season going on in the person’s life, just look for the shiniest keys and then sit in a corner trying to work out all the possible permutations or combinations
2) If the life is quite normal in the person’s life, assume his/her password is stored in the computer, look at the least shiny keys.

P.S. Of course, there are blaring pitfalls, but that is not the point, you see.

Arun Pillai said,

April 15, 2007 @ 6:52 am

More or less this comes under social engineering. Heard of many hacking techniques like key logging,brute-force and port scanning , but this is something very creative and leaves no trail of the hack. cool !

Shr said,

April 15, 2007 @ 1:33 pm

Yes, Arun!

Imaginative creativity tends to be way underrated in the technical world.

Actually, I was trying to find metaphors from real life that can fit and provide solutions elsewhere! Will reach there one day :)

Mingxian said,

April 23, 2007 @ 1:05 pm

Hi, shruti, I feel ashamed inside, because I am neither left hand nor right hand, I am moused ^_* Just Kidding. I like your blog!

Shr said,

April 26, 2007 @ 12:57 am

Haha, moused thats a very interesting perspective, love your iconography.
Don’t be ashamed, feel welcomed.

Jayant said,

May 15, 2007 @ 12:28 pm

two obvious issues:
1. one needs physical access to the keyboard 2. this wont work on a shared machine..

but yeah quite interesting.. never thought of something on these lines before..

Oxycodone extraction iv. said,

January 10, 2008 @ 1:57 am

Oxycodone extraction 93….

Compare oxycontin to oxycodone. What are the symptoms of oxycodone addiction….

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URI